Catching Up on Life
It seems like any time things have really slowed down in my blogging and reading life it’s because my life is just insanity. Plenty of good things have happened since the last time we caught up, but family drama and extreme amounts of travel have left me drained. And even though this next month or so is probably going to be extremely busy due to more travel and packing up and moving half way across the country, I’m determined to let you all know what’s been going on:
(Sorry in advance for the novel below)
– One of my cats, Everett, got a super scary bump on his side. This was a few weeks after he went in to have a tooth removed which involved putting him under anesthesia and getting a delayed release pain killer that last for a few days. He’s really had it rough lately, but the bump was just a really delayed reaction from were he was given a shot from the surgery and it’s been getting smaller and smaller over the past month, so I think we are almost in the clear. But man when I found it I was convinced he had cancer, and all the internet research I did about cancer that can develop from shots DID NOT HELP.
-Moving company searching: This was the worst because my husband couldn’t really help me out because he was busy studying for an intense exam for a specific certification for his career. So I was doing tons of research about the horrors of moving companies, how they can hold you stuff hostage, and just really struggling to weed out the good ones from the bad ones. But my research paid off and I was able to get 4 different companies to come in and do in-home estimates, but even that was stressful to get off of work for. And we were waffling between paying crazy amounts of money or doing the move our self, but the last mover who did an estimate was so helpful and was within our budget that it was such a relief to have that checked off our list!
-And then there was apartment hunting: We were going to try to do it all over the phone, but a weekend opened up in a schedule and so we flew out to NY and CT for a 36 hour trip. Like I said, my life has been insane. But we were successful in finding a beautiful apartment in Stamford, CT and I can’t wait to live there!
– Extreme amounts of family drama that have completely wrecked me emotionally. I usually have pretty low expectations of my family because experience has taught me not to rely on them for much, but I let myself hope that they’d want to say goodbye and support me. And while some there are some extenuating circumstances, and some have apologized, I’m just tired of trying with them.
– I went to BookCon!! I was bummed that I couldn’t make BEA work this year, especially since it was nearby but I took 2 of my college friends to it and it was a pretty good time. I got Meg Cabot, Sarah J. Maas, and Susan Dennard to sign some things, but I came up empty handed in terms of ARCs. The ARCs that I really wanted required one of those coveted autographing wristbands, which I didn’t get early enough to even attempt to get. But the panels were awesome, and it was fun to spend some time my friends.
– Where I am right now? I’m just a stress ball because we don’t have that much packed, only have two weekends left, one of which I’ll be in CO for a wedding. (Also I have been in a different state for the past 4 weekends, soooo chaos). I’m excited, anxious, freaking out, and just a bit overwhelmed… so reading and blogging have been suffering because of it. But I promise once I get settled down in my new apartment that I’ll do my best to get back on track!
Catching Up on Reading/Blogging
::crickets:: Didn’t realize just how bad the past few months had been until I made this table 🙁
Books I Read:
Favorite of the Bunch:
|Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
Boomerang by Noelle August
Once Upon a Dream by Liz Braswell
Big Boned by Meg Cabot
When We Collided by Emery Lord
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
When We Collided by Emery Lord
Total books read: 25 Total pages read: 9813 Average rating: 4.6
2016 Challenge Progress
- 16 books read | 53% completed towards Flights of Fantasy | goodreads shelf
- 10 books read | 50% completed towards Re-Read Challenge | goodreads shelf
- 10 books read | 48% completed towards #ShelfLove Challenge | goodreads shelf
- 9 books read | 82% completed towards Tamora Pierce Challenge | goodreads shelf
Catch me up on your life!