Okay so I KNOW that I was pretty much patting myself on the back for doing such an AMAZING *cough*decently/sorta consistent*cough* job with my monthly updates in 2015. Well, 2016 has proved to be a completely different animal, and the struggle has been real. So I’ve come up with a new format to keeping you all in the loop of my going-on’s and I’m calling it “Catching Up” because I’ll be catching up with all you guys and catching up on my challenges, and catching up on anything and everything blogging and reading related.
Catching Up on Life
This year is FLYING by soo quickly. I just can’t believe March is almost over. Things I’ve done since the beginning of the year:
-I started refocusing on working out in the morning. And the week that I was sick with the flu, I have to say it has been going extraordinarily well. I’ve been reusing my 8-week fitness program from Workout Labs, but I’d love to hear of any
cheap free workout regimes that you all love!
-Getting sick. I’m one of those nuts who never gets a flu shot. Not because I have anything against vaccines in general, mainly because I hate getting shots or blood drawn and avoid it until I’m forced. But I’m pretty sure that this was my FIRST time getting the flu in all of my 25 years of age, so meh it was probably about time. (and now I suppose I’ll probably be getting the flu shot in future years… sigh)
– I got an new planner which I’m actually using. It’s probably the first time since college that I used a planner, but it’s been a lot of fun so far. I’m using a 6 month expansion and one of the 2016-2017 version of The Happy Planner.
– I had a SLEEPOVER with two of my best friends, both I’ve known since I was 9 years old 🙂 We talked into the wee hours of the morning, much later than I ever stay up even when I was in college, and it was just wonderful.
Catching Up on Reading/Blogging
Yikes so this is my first reading update of the year, and it’s FILLED with rereads because I just needed a lot of comfort reads thus far.
My Favorite Posts Since the Beginning of the Year
- Reread Review: The Will of the Empress | I loved rereading this book because it has been such along time and I love the dirvesity in these books!
- ARC review: Remembrance | I had been working up to reading Remembrance since I first started the Mediator (Re)Read Along back in September, so it was amazing to finally get to read the book and share my opinions with you all.
- 5 Reasons You Should Read the Immortals Series by Tamora Pierce | I’m always trying to get more people to read Tammy’s books!
2016 Challenge Progress
- 13 books read | 43% completed towards Flights of Fantasy | goodreads shelf
- 10 books read | 50% completed towards Re-Read Challenge | goodreads shelf
- 10 books read | 33% completed towards #ShelfLove Challenge | goodreads shelf
- 9 books read | 82% completed towards Tamora Pierce Challenge | goodreads shelf
Catching Up with the Blogosphere
posts that I bookmarked
- Are Negative Reviews More Convincing than Positive Reviews | Loony Literate
- These Are a Few of My Favorite Tropes | Writer of Wrongs
- Lies #BookBloggers Tell Themselves | Paper Fury
- Can Book Blogging Lead to a Job? | Feed Your Fiction Addiction
Catching Up on Random Stuff
Movies | Deadpool was pretty funny | Creed was decent, love that the main actor was from Parenthood | The Big Short was educational | Enjoyed Adam Driver in While We’re Young | Room made me cry | I finally got my husband to watch Big Hero 6
TV Shows | finished the newest season of House of Cards in a week | SOOOO EXCITED that Reign was renewed because I was very nervous | bummed that Switched at Birth isn’t being renewed and is only going to have 10 episodes this season | Happy that Once upon a time is BACK | Keeping up with Grey’s, PLL, Younger, Girls, Jane the Virgin, New Girl (I’m glad Jess is finally back) | Looking forward to GOT and Daredevil! | rewatching/binging Avatar: the Last Airbender
Catch me up on your life!