Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we list our top 10 book-related things. This week is Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors.
Oldies But Goodies
1. Tamora Pierce | She’s been my favorite author since I discovered her books when I was in middle school. It probably helps that she has written so many books, so many series all of awesome fantasies with wonderful heroines that I can’t help but adore everything she writes. My only qualm is that I wish she would write a bit faster.
2. Meg Cabot | When I read the Royal Wedding a couple months ago, it reminded me how much I still love Meg Cabot’s writing. Mia is so relatable, and while I haven’t read all of Meg Cabot’s books I’m definitely hoping that I’ll get around to some of her adult fiction this year.
3. J. K. Rowling | This is a given. Harry Potter changed my life, and I wish that she would go back to writing YA so very badly.
Newly discovered favorites that I hope will remain so!
4. Rainbow Rowell | I LOVED Fangirl, Attachments, and Landline! I can’t wait to see what else she comes up with.
5. Marissa Meyer | Oh, yes the Lunar Chronicles. These books are incorporate fairytales in such a unique way and they are just sooo addicting that I feel need the shout I NEED WINTER NOW almost every other day. AND I’m excited to see that Marissa Meyer is going to do an Alice and Wonderland spinoff too.
6. Kasie West | I simply couldn’t get enough of the Pivot Point duology and I’m secretly hoping that she writes some spinoff or companion books for it.
7. Richelle Mead | She just writes these incredibly binge-worthy series that I can’t get enough of.
8. Gail Carriger | I just discovered her books in the past couple months, but I’m really enjoying them. So far the Parasol Protectorate series has been amazing, and there are promising books I haven’t gotten to yet with her Finishing School series set in the same world.
9. Emery Lord | I adored Open Road Summer and The Start of Me and You, so I’m hoping that she keeps up writing these amazing contemporaries with wonderful female friendships.
10. Stephanie Perkins | I loved Anna, Lola, and Isla. They were the perfect kind of fluffy contemporaries.
I think it’s a lot harder for authors who mainly write standalones to stand the test of time and actually become one of my favorites, but I think that Rainbow Rowell, Kasie West, Emery Lord, and Stephanie Perkins may do it if they keep coming out with such amazing books!
Who are your favorite authors?